1. General Statements
Our firm understands and fully supports the necessity to protect your privacy at all times when you are visiting our websites or using our services via such websites or through any other means.
You need to accept all the provisions in this Policy when you sign up for the PayLane Services. If you do not agree with anything in this Policy, then you may not register and/or use any of the Services. If you do not agree please do not use or access our websites.
On our websites there may be links, which upon clicking direct you from our website to another website. Note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, nor we control or warrant the utility, merchantability or workmanship of the products or services offered at third-party websites.
"Us," "we," "our" and "PayLane" shall mean the same. "You" and "Customer" shall mean the same. An "User Account" is an account opened by PayLane that allows to view transaction data from the Customer’s merchant account.
cumulatively called "the Websites".
PayLane does not solicit or knowingly accept information from persons under the age of eighteen (18). Our Websites are not intended for children, especially those under 13. Children may use our Websites only with the direct supervision of their parent.
3. Information collection
Below you may find types of information about you that we receive or collect, methods of information collection and purpose of collection.
You may provide us information about you in the following ways:
- Opening the User Account and using PayLane Services. If you decide to open a User Account on our Merchant Panel and use our PayLane Services and fill in a relevant form, we will ask you to provide certain information about you, depending on the scope of services you want PayLane to provide. This may include: (i) username, (ii) password, (iii) email address, (iv) first and last name or company name (v) post address, (vi) country and (vii) billing information such as billing address, credit card number and its expiration date, cardholder name (viii) tax id number. We may also ask Customers to provide other optional additional personal or business information such as (i) phone number, (ii) number of years in business, (iii) business description, (iv) own websites, (v) monthly processing volume, (vi) gender, (vii) other company and personal details. We may receive such information also when you update or supplement such details in your User Account.
- Subscription for certain services, competitions, functions on the Websites. If you want to add comments to our reviews/articles, respond to surveys, receive newsletters, enter competitions, participate in promotion, or otherwise use the optional features of our Websites we may ask you to provide such information as: (i) name, (ii) email address, URL address and (iii) information relating to your participation in competitions, promotions, surveys, and/or additional services or features. This usually takes place by filling in online forms and questionnaires.
- Information provided by Merchants (our Users). When you purchase goods of services from a Merchant using a credit or debit card, or any other method of payment in connection with which we provide certain services for the benefit of the Merchant, you are required to provide that Merchant with certain cardholder data or account data in order to make the purchase, including your name and credit card number or account number. Our Merchants must transmit certain parts of this information to PayLane for the purpose of transaction processing.
- Your questions. If you complete and submit a form on our Website, send us an email, a fax or contact us by telephone with the aim of obtaining information about our services or the company in general, PayLane may store the inquiries and their contents.
- Browsing the Websites and "cookies". Every time you visit our Websites our servers automatically collect site use information. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: (i) the domain and host from which you access the Internet, (ii) the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider you are using, (iii) operating system in use (e.g. Macintosh, Windows), (iv) browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera) and its version, (v) the website which referred you to us, and other similar information. This allows us to determine your browsing habits, the content and pages that you access on our Websites, and the dates and times you visit the Websites, paths taken and time spent on sites and pages within the Websites. Like other commercial websites, we may send to your computer one or more cookies (small text files sent to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive, so we can recognize you when you return). PayLane may use both session cookies (which disappear after you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain after you close your browser and are removed manually).
Please note that you have the right to oppose the use of "cookies" by us. If you do not accept "cookies" that are used on our Websites you may block them by choosing a relevant option in your browser settings. Please be aware that if you choose not to accept our "cookies", you may not be able to use all of the available features and we do not guarantee that our Services and Website will operate well.
4. Purpose of information collection
PayLane uses the information received from you or otherwise collected only in the scope that is necessary to operate, maintain, improve and provide PayLane Services and all of the functions available on our Websites and to allow us to duly perform our obligations resulting from binding agreements, in particular those regarding assisting Merchants in executing payment transactions. We also analyze all of the said information to determine the trends and preferences of our Customers, improve our Websites and Services, inclusive of creating new features and functionality. Below you may find a detailed scope of use of information:
- Information received or collected by PayLane in the process of opening of a User Account and/or subaccounts. Such information may be used by PayLane in order to: (i) evaluate your eligibility for a User Account; (ii) duly provide Services to you; (iii) welcome you when you enter your User Account through the subaccount; (iv) verify your identity; (v) manage and administer your use of the Services; (vi) comply with any applicable legislation requiring PayLane to obtain, verify and record such information, (vii) inform you, subject to obtaining your prior consent, of competitions, promotions and special offers form us and/or our partners.
- Information received upon subscription for certain services, competitions, functions on the Websites. Such information is used in the scope necessary to: (i) provide you such services or functions, admit to promotions and competitions, etc.; (ii) contact you.
- Information provided by Merchants (our Users). Such information is used for the purpose of: (i) facilitating payment transactions initiated by you and submitted to us by the Merchant, in the course of providing PayLane Services to our Merchant; (ii) complying with any binding law or the rules and regulations of the respective card organizations or other payment entities (e.g. Visa, MasterCard).
- Information provided by you together with your inquiry. The information submitted by you via an inquiry may be used by PayLane to: (i) respond to your inquiries; (ii) contact you; (iii) inform you of services of PayLane or its partners that may be of use to you, if you consent thereto.
- Information obtained through "cookies" and browsing the Websites. We may use information obtained in this manner to: (i) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Websites; (ii) monitor Websites usage trends and generating statistical information; (iii) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the Websites or the User Account; (iv) manage the Websites or improve their performance, (v) comply with certain laws, regulations, and card association rules and regulations.
5. Information storage and protection
Your personal information are stored and processed on our computers in Poland. We have implemented a wide range of measures in order to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data. These include physical, electronic and administrative safeguards such as firewalls, data encryption, SSL and other up-to-date technologies.
We enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files. In addition, only those employees who require personal information regarding our Customers to fulfill their employee’s obligations gain access to such information.
We comply with applicable Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (we obtained a PCI certificate) and endeavor to comply with all such rules at all times. Pursuant to such rules and regulations we are required to undergo periodic third-party assessments and periodic network scans to ensure that, among others, we have installed and maintain a firewall configuration to protect data; encrypt transmission of cardholder data and other sensitive information across public networks; do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters; use and regularly update anti-virus software; develop and maintain secure systems and applications; restrict access to data to those with a business need-to-know; track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data; regularly test our security systems and processes; assign a unique ID to each person with computer access; restrict physical access to cardholder data.
It is extremely important that you do not disclose your account password to anyone. PayLane has designed internal security processes that encrypt Customer’s password to protect it from being divulged or accessed by anyone other than you. Neither PayLane employees nor any of its contractors can obtain or access your password. Neither PayLane nor its contractors will ever ask you for your password via mail, email, telephone or in any other unsolicited manner. It is your responsibility to keep in secret your unique password and account information at all times.
We cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted over the Internet and through servers that are out of our control. We do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to our Website or Services. Therefore, if you make any data transmissions over the Internet, you are doing it at your own risk. Once we receive the data transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security and privacy on our systems.
Your personal and business information are stored as long as it is necessary to duly perform PayLane Services to you and other obligations resulting from the binding agreements and as long as it is required by the applicable law.
6. Information sharing
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information in the scope and in situations as required by the law, including credit reporting laws and card association rules, and when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to report suspected illegal activity, comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or decisions, or legal process served on our Websites.
Moreover, we may share your personal information with:
- PayLane Merchants (Users). If you as a Customer wish to buy goods or services offered on the website of a Merchant and pay for it with the use of the software rendered available to the Merchant under the PayLane Services, we may be obliged to provide the Merchant with your credit card details in the scope necessary to process your payment. Please note that Merchants you buy from and contract with have their own privacy policies, and PayLane is not responsible for their operations, including, but not limited to, their information practices.
- If you are, or become our User, PayLane may disclose your information during the course of providing PayLane Services to card associations, banks and other financial institutions that process or screen the transaction, and to third parties that have contracted with PayLane to perform certain functions of our Services on our behalf (bill collection, marketing, fraud prevention, technology services). In addition, PayLane may use or disclose your information to third parties for the additional purposes of facilitating and completing merchant-initiated or authorized transactions, or informing you about general company news, product updates and developments, card association rules.
- Other business divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong, so as to provide joint services like registration, transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to provide support in making decisions about their products, services and communications. Those entities will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their services.
- Companies that we are planning to merge with or be acquired by. (If such a situation occurs, we will require that the new entity follow this Policy with respect to your personal information.)
If other entities provide parts of our Services on our behalf, we obligate them to use your information only in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
7. Access, change and removal of personal information
You can review, change or delete your personal information at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com.
If you want to terminate PayLane Services rendered to you and stop using your User Account you may cancel it. Note that if you cancel your User Account, it will be permanently closed. You should only close your User Account when you are certain you never want to use it. You may cancel your User Account by contacting us via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deleted information will remain in backup copies for up to 180 days, but will not be available to others.
If you terminate PayLane Services rendered to you and cancel your User Account, you consent to our retention of the information we have already collected from you for record-keeping purposes only.
PayLane Sp. z o.o.
Arkońska Business Park
ul. Arkońska 6/A3
80–387 Gdańsk, Poland